Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not a Moment to Spare

The first week was a long one, especially for not having school on Monday! This week has already seemed to fly by!  I realized today that by the end of these eight weeks I am not going to want to leave these first graders.  I am sure I will love the fifth grade just as much, perhaps not, but I will miss all these personalities I am getting to know.
I have already jumped right into teaching. I have done a few safety lesson, done plenty of read alouds, and today I started in with their morning meeting. The MM included weather, calendar, schedule, and letter of the day writing. My local supervisor also made his second visit into the classroom today to watch me observe. I am getting a lot of positive feedback from him and co-operating teacher :-) Of course, as many early teachers, classroom management is what I feel needs the most work.
I am already starting my lessons for my Teacher Work Sample next week, it will continue for the next two and a half weeks after I start.  It is pretty early to be starting, but I feel the more practice I get, the more comfortable and more experience I will gain! Plus it will only benefit me in my second half of student teaching as well as my future! 
I was almost positive I would fall in love with what I am doing once I started, now that I have it is an amazing feeling to know that I am truly loving what I get to do everyday. Teach and be with these kids as they grow! December 9th will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment